Join us on an adventure that will change you…
Gain professional development through experience.
We would like to invite you on an adventure where the grace and beauty of the mountains will be poured into your soul. You will experience mindfulness and professional development unlike any other. You will enjoy the meditation and understand the cultural context of mindfulness.
“A life changer“ is the most common response from others.
All proceeds helps educate kids in remote Nepal.
Who is this trip for:
This is NOT a tourist trip. It is professional development for helping professionals interested in deepening their practices and understanding, e.g. psychologists, social workers, teachers, coaches. Email us if you are unsure of your suitability.
You can claim CPD but the number of hours will be a personal decision.
- Will allow you to experience a mindful adventure as we walk each day in the Himalayan mountains. Your task is to put one foot in front of the other under the shadow of the highest peaks and in doing so you will experience challenge and psychological practice.
- You will participate in professional development that includes groups discussions, meditation centres, and mindfulness practice.
- We show you the tallest mountains in the world up close, e.g. Mt Everest,
- We show you UNESCO heritage sites in Kathmandu, including by staying in Boudha near the UNESCO Boudhanath Stupa — the greatest stupa in the world where Buddhism comes alive each day.
- You stay in TiSe Guest House in Kathmandu and experience our rooftop gatherings overlooking Kathmandu.
Not for profit venture:
All profits will go to helping needy children in remote villages. So far we have:
- Supported children who otherwise could not go to school
- Provided education materials, books, pens, computers
- Paid for teachers
- Provided warm clothes to the children in remote villages
Your group trainer:
Dr Louise Hayes travels on each trip.
Louise has engaged in long term humanitarian in Nepal. She attends these trips as a volunteer. Her personal value is to help professionals be more open, aware and engaged and to help children in poverty.
Destinations, Itineraries and Costs
Expert mountain guides:
- You will be guided by experienced high altitude Sherpa guides, led by Mingma Sherpa a mountain guide who has travelled for 10 years across the 1700 klm of Himalaya on foot. Click here for details of his tourist adventure trips.
- Our trips are very well priced because this is a not for profit venture. See individual itineraries for pricing. Pricing includes all inclusive (meals on the trek, accommodation, Sherpa guides and porter salaries and the internal flights). You only need to organise your own flights to Kathmandu. We will collect you and take care of you from there.
Can I bring someone along?:
- If you would like to bring your partners and older children (above 12 years), please email Louise to discuss. They will need to be actively interested in meditation and peaceful walking with local cultures.
- You will need a moderate level of fitness (able to do an aerobic workout for 40 minutes).
- Porters will carry your gear and you will carry a light day pack.
- You will be well looked after psychologically and physically.
- We will walk, rest, and become a group, in the shadow of the highest peaks in the world.
- From the last treks we will make deep friends. It is a unique and pleasurable experience.
Ready to book?
Click below to make your booking. We will send you an invoice for the deposit of $500 USD. Then you are on your way. Our trips have very limited numbers and sell out quickly:
- Everest ‘Ama’ Mother Moutnain – Commencing 11 May 2020
- Booking Form
- Himalayan Hidden Valley, Lang tang – Commencing 28 May, 2020
- Booking Form
Waitlist your name
- Email us and we’ll add your name to our waitlist so you know when we set the dates.
Want your own trip with family or friends?
- Go to See High Peaks, join one of their trips or speak to Mingma for your own personalised itinerary.
- See High Peaks
Want to know more? –
Email us and we’ll send you further details or help with questions