Join us on a mindful adventure
Learn mindfulness through experience
We would like to invite you on an adventure where the grace and beauty of the mountains will be poured into your soul. You will discover how the peace of the mountains helps you experience mindfulness and to understand fully what mindfulness means. Fall in love with mindfulness in the mountains and with a mindful culture and people too.
Mindful Adventures is a not-for-profit venture that will provide you with professional development like no other you have seen. It also supports local communities in Nepal, one of the poorest countries in Asia — we give staff much-needed work and raise money for children. All around it is a win-win.
We have taken groups of professionals into the mountains for the past few years and they have overwhelmingly loved the experience. “A life changer” is the most common response.
Louise travels on each trip and to the Himalaya regularly, she was there in the earthquakes in 2015 and volunteered to help with psychological first aid training in the humanitarian crisis afterward. Louise has been involved for many years in philanthropic work for many years in Nepal.
Who is this trip for:
This is NOT a tourist trip. This trip is suitable for helping professionals interested in deep mindfulness practices, e.g. psychologists, social workers, teachers, coaches. Email us if you are unsure of your suitability.
- Will allow you to experience a mindful adventure as we will walk each day in the Himalayan mountains; your only task is to put one foot in front of the other, under the shadow of the highest peaks and in doing so you will experience a deep form of mindfulness.
- Will have you participate in a daily group discussion and mindfulness practice for personal growth; helping you to make peace with your experiences of being inside your own head for 6 to 7 hours putting one foot in front of the other (let me tell you, a lot happens in hours of walking each day).
- Will help local porters and guides who struggle for steady incomes to raise and feed their families.
- Will use profits to fund community rebuilding projects.
- Has you experience the grace and beauty that is the Himalaya.
- Will show you the tallest mountains in the world up close, e.g. Mt Everest, for the Everest Base Camp trek.
- will show you the remote Tibetan kingdom, e.g. for the Kingdom of Mustang trek allows you to visit UNESCO heritage sites in Kathmandu, including my favourite — Boudhanath Stupa — the greatest stupa in the world where Buddhism comes alive each day.
- You will stay in TiSe Guest House in Kathmandu and experience our rooftop gatherings overlooking Kathmandu.
- You will experience the peace and caring that comes with being a group of humans travelling together.
Not for profit venture:
All profits will go to helping needy children in remote villages.
- Our last 3 years of treks have supported children who otherwise could not go to school
- Education of some ‘dahlit’ (formerly called untouchable cast) children
- Provided education materials, books, pens
- Provided warm clothes to the children in remote villages
Destinations, Itineraries and Costs:
- You will be guided by experienced high altitude Sherpa guides, led by Mingma Sherpa a mountain guide who has travelled for 10 years across the 1700 klm of Himalaya on foot. Click here for details of his tourist adventure trips.
- Our trips are very well priced because this is a not for profit venture. See individual itineraries below for pricing. Pricing includes all inclusive (meals on the trek, accommodation, Sherpa guides and porter salaries and the internal flights). You only need to organise your own flights to Kathmandu. We will collect you and take care of you from there.
Can I bring someone along?:
- If you would like to bring your partners and older children (above 12 years), please email to discuss with me. They will need to be actively interested in mindfulness and peaceful walking with local cultures.
- You will need a moderate level of fitness (able to do an aerobic workout for 40 minutes).
- Porters will carry your gear and you will carry a light day pack.
- You will be well looked after psychologically and physically.
- We will walk, rest, and become a group, in the shadow of the highest peaks in the world.
- From the last treks I know, we will make deep friends. A unique and pleasurable experience.
Ready to book?
Click below to make your booking. We will send you an invoice for the deposit of $500AUD. Then you are on your way. Our trips have very limited numbers and sell out quickly:
- The Kingdom of Mustang – May 2018 – Completed
- Everest ‘Ama’ Mountains – Commencing 19th Nov 2018 –Email us to arrange booking
- The Kingdom of Mustang – Commencing 24th May 2019 – Email us to arrange booking
Waitlist your name
- Email us and we’ll add your name to our waitlist so you know when we set the dates.
Want your own trip with family or friends?
- Go to See High Peaks, join one of their trips or speak to Mingma for your own personalised itinerary.
- See High Peaks
Want to know more? –
Email us and we’ll send you further details or help with questions