Learn to become fluid and flexible in ACT therapy with Adults and Young People.
This workshop will be a small group of attendees focussing on learning advanced therapy skills that are based on process.
A unique opportunity to learn therapy skills with a small group of attendees. You wilfocusss on learning advanced therapy skills that are based on process rather than model or technique. Our foundation will be ACT or DNA-v, but we will not go over models and technique.
You will be working on building your skills using clinical examples and your own practice.
Our learning will focus on:
- Process – You will learn skills through your own practice on how to fluidly use the core processes of ACT/DNA-v.
- Function – To understand therapy as a process you must be a function spotter. ACT, DNA-v and all behaviour therapies are based on this. You will learn how you can look for function (is there: avoidance, escape, coherence to rules, reinforcement etc.), how to test your hypotheses, and how to talk about function with clients.
- Context – Everything is context. You will practice looking at how context influences a clients behaviour and the interaction of context and function in therapy.
- Practicing – Over the two days you will practice skills, receive feedback from Louise, and connect with the peer group.
- Case conceptualisation and treatment planning – We will work with your own clients as well as with some group examples.
- Peer supervision and support – Because this workshop will include real-play and role-play practice, we will also focus on providing support and peer supervision to each other.
- Self-care and compassion – Throughout the workshop we will build in self-care and compassion exercises for us as therapists, and you will find you can use these for your clients too.
- Attendees should have a good working knowledge of ACT or DNA-v and some practice using this with clients. We will not be going over models. (If you are unsure whether this is suitable for you please email Louise)
- Participants will be required to bring along 2-3 de-identified client examples to work on
- Pre-reading will be provided 2 weeks prior.
Duration & CPD:
- Day 1 – 9am – 430pm, Day 2 – 9am – 4pm
- Louise Hayes is a registered supervisor and clinical psychologist. This workshop will count for 12 hours of active CPD
Who is this for:
- This workshop is suitable for all professionals who work with adults and have a good working knowledge of ACT and some practice using this with clients.
Pricing & Payment:
- Professional — $490
- Student — $390
- You may pay using credit card or paypal or invoice for your employer to pay.
- If you require an invoice for your employer to pay, please select the ‘pay by invoice’ button at the end of the booking fee. Please note there is a small fee for processing invoice payments as this requires additional administration costs.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Payment for training events can only be made via cheque, direct debit, credit card, or via PayPal.
- If you register at the early bird rate, payment must be made within FIVE DAYS of the early bird rate finishing or you will be required to pay the full amount for the ticket.
- Cancellations more than 30 days – Refund in full, less $40 Administration Fee to cover Administration, Credit Card/PayPal/Invoice Fees.
- Cancellations less than 30 days – 50% Refund
- Cancellations less than 7 days – No refund
- Cancellation must be in writing.
- Please advise any dietary requirements by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org