Facing change and becoming stronger using the process based framework of DNA-v.
LIVE online training for counselling adults – July 2022
- Day 1 (6th July) — 8am to 11am Sydney, 3pm to 5pm Pacific Time
- Day 2 (13th July) — 8am to 11am Sydney, 3pm to 5pm Pacific Time
- Day 3 (20th July) — 8am to 11am Sydney, 3pm to 5pm Pacific Time
- Day 4 (27th July) — 8am to 11am Sydney, 3pm to 5pm Pacific Time
We are now, more than ever, living in a world full of uncertainty and change. How we adapt in this time is a question we all face. In this context, DNA-v as a growth model of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy is a liberating way to approach your work with adults. This workshop will deliver a clear, inspiring, and readily applied change model to help adults grow. It is the culmination of years of writing for the new book What Makes You Stronger: How to Thrive in the Face of Change and Uncertainty Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy due for release in July 2022.
The workshop will suit professionals working with adults in all settings, including coaching, education, and counselling.
I am Dr Louise Hayes, a clinical psychologist, therapist and peer-reviewed ACT trainer. I cannot wait to share this new work with you.
DNA-v stands as a robust model of human change. Adults face dramatic change and growth — relationships come together and break up, people age, get sick, recover health, lose and find jobs, they must constantly adapt to new technology, and face world changes like COVID-19 or climate change. Change is our only constant.
Adults can strive for growth by using their abilities flexibly. This workshop will show you how to help people grow stronger.
DNA- v has a solid and clear scientific foundation underneath its readily accessible framework.
Practitioners all across the world have been quick to adapt DNA-v into their work with adults, and here we’ll give you new tools, skills, and practices to really make this come alive.
Learn how to support adults easily and effectively.
The workshop will be divided into three sections to help professionals working in multiple settings:
- Foundational skills — You will learn how to help adults think, feel and act in a flexible rather than rigid manner.
- Becoming stronger within — You will learn how to help adults change how they see themselves across domains of vulnerable, conceptual, compassionate, achieving, and profound selves
- Becoming more connected in social relationships — You will learn how to help adults understand their social histories and build relationships founded on flexibility and compassion.
You’ll be engaged in four days of training — including break-out rooms, videos of therapy, & interactive skills-based learning.
You will have long term access to the recording.
Numbers are limited to give you a personalised workshop.
We will interact, learn together, and you won’t be one of the masses.
You will receive:
- An e-book copy of the new book, What Makes You Stronger: How to Thrive in the Face of Change and Uncertainty Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy when it is released in July 2022
- Electronic handouts
- Long term access to the recording
Time Zone, Duration & Continuing Education Points:
This live online workshop will be split across two days, Thursday & Friday. We will continue to have experiential activities, breakouts into small group discussions, and see role plays
- July 6th – 27th
- Sydney Australia time (Convert to your time zone here)
- Day 1 (6th July) — 8am to 11am
- Day 2 (13th July) — 8am to 11am
- Day 3 (20th July) — 8am to 11am
- Day 4 (27th July) — 8am to 11am
CE/CME/Continuing Education Points:
- The course is equivalent to 12 hours of specialised continuing education from a clinical psychologist. Email us for your CE/CME requirements
There is no pre-requisite training.
There will be compulsory reading before attending so that you are familiar as a growth model.
Who is this for:
- This workshop is suitable for all professionals who work with adults, including psychologists, counsellors, social workers, coaches etc.
Pricing & Payment:
- Professional — $460
- Student — $360
- You may pay using credit card or PayPal or invoice for your employer to pay.
- If you require an invoice for your employer to pay, please select the ‘pay by invoice’ button at the end of the booking fee. Please note there is a small fee for processing invoice payments as this requires additional administration costs.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Payment for training events can only be made via direct debit, credit card, or via PayPal.
- Cancellations more than 30 days – Refund in full, less $40 administration fee to cover costs and Credit Card/PayPal/Invoice fees.
- Cancellations less than 30 days – 50% Refund
- Cancellations less than 7 days – No refund
- Cancellation must be in writing
Equipment you will need:
- To access this workshop you will need a stable internet connection and a set of smartphone earbuds with built-in microphone.
- Your internet speed should be a minimum of 2mb per second UPLOAD. You can check that here at speedtest.net
What people are saying about Louise’s training style….
- Louise was engaging, gave sufficient breaks, allowed for participation and interaction with others. It was organised and presented well. I could listen to Louise all day! Thank you for inspiring us for further learning, and for creating a platform relevant to all in the MDT
- Louise is a wonderful facilitator and her lived experience brings great warmth and wisdom to the work.
- Louise is a fabulous, engaging and very thorough presenter. Despite being online, it was easy to remain engaged thanks to the interactive mediums Louise used.