I am so excited to bring you my new workshop showcasing our new book:
The Thriving Adolescent: Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Positive Psychology to Help Teens Manage Emotions, Achieve Goals, and Build Connection (Hayes, L & Ciarrochi, J, released November 2015)
We have spent the 3 years developing ACT and Positive psychology for adolescents for use in the clinic, schools, and community settings. Don’t miss this workshop that will showcase our new model and build your skills with young people.
Over two days we will introduce participants to our new dynamic model for working with young people in clinics, in schools, in classrooms and in communities. The workshop is fun and creative. We focus on getting experiential about ACT rather than talking at young people.
This two-day workshop will show you how to use ACT experiential techniques confidently and dynamically with young people aged 12 to 24 years.
Two-day advanced-level workshop worth 12 specialised CPD hours
You will receive:
- An inside look at our new developmental model for young people
- A hard copy of Get Out Of Your Mind and Into Your Life for Teens
- Access to electronic materials for use with young people
- An electronic copy of the Experiential ACT Adolescent Group Program
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to use ACT and positive psychology for young people individually and in group settings
- Developmental considerations when using ACT techniques
- ACT ways of talking collaboratively with young people and creating an experiential space for behaviour change
- How to create your own ACT exercises for young people using readily available resources
- How to help young people connect mindfully to their lives
- There is no pre-requisite training, but you do need to have done some pre-reading before attending. You can download that here:
Who is this for:
This workshop is suitable for all professionals who work with young people, including psychologists, counsellors, social workers, teachers etc.
Duration: workshops run from 9am – 4.30pm on day one, 9am to 4pm on day two
Professional Early Bird $480 – Standard $500 (less than 3 months) – Last Minute $530 (less than 1 month)
Student Early Bird $395 – Standard $440 (less than 1 month)
– see events tab (on right side of page)
General Terms and Conditions:
- Payment for training events can only be made via cheque, direct debit, credit card, or via PayPal.
- If you register at the early bird rate, payment must be made within FIVE DAYS of the early bird rate finishing or you will be required to pay the full amount for the ticket.
- Cancellation less than 30 days before the event: In full, less $40 Administration Fee, Credit Card/PayPal/Invoice Fees.
- Cancellation less than 14 days: 50% Refund Less Credit Card/PayPal/Invoice Fees.
- Cancellation must be in writing.