DNA-V, is the developmental model of acceptance and commitment therapy and positive psychology that is receiving acclaim across the world. With sell out training in Europe, you don’t want to miss the chance to learn it here in Australia.
The ACT founders say this about it: –
Steven C. Hayes, co-founder of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Professor of Psychology, University of Nevada
DNA-V is one of the most important innovations in ACT in the last several years and is arguably THE most important in work with adolescents. Louise Hayes is a master of that model and there is no one on the planet who is better at explaining it, and teaching and modeling the skills needed to use it. Louise is a worldwide treasure. I can highly recommend her training and if you attend one of them I predict you will soon feel the same way.
Kelly Wilson, co-founder of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Professor University of Mississippi
SIMPLY THE BEST: Louise Hayes work on ACT with adolescents is simply the best. If you are in Australia, you should make the trek to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, or Adelaide. Get yourself registered. Louise’s developmental approach to ACT is groundbreaking. And, PS…get the book! …
Robyn D. Walser, PhD, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy author and trainer
Over two days we will introduce participants to our new dynamic model for working with young people in clinics, in schools, in classrooms and in communities. The workshop is fun and creative. We focus on getting experiential rather than talking at young people.
This two-day workshop will show you how to use experiential techniques confidently and dynamically with young people aged 12 to 24 years.
Two-day advanced-level workshop worth 12 specialised CPD hours
You will receive:
- An inside look at our new developmental model for young people
- A hard copy of Get Out Of Your Mind and Into Your Life for Teens
- Access to electronic materials for use with young people
- An electronic copy of the Experiential ACT Adolescent Group Program
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to use DNA-V, the ACT and positive psychology model for young people individually and in group settings
- Developmental considerations when using these techniques
- Developmental ways of talking collaboratively with young people and creating an experiential space for behaviour change
- How to create your own exercises or incorporate other work for young people using readily available resources
- How to help young people connect mindfully to their lives
- There is no pre-requisite training, but you do need to have done some pre-reading before attending. You can download that here:
Who is this for:
This workshop is suitable for all professionals who work with young people, including psychologists, counsellors, social workers, teachers etc.
For bookings –
See events tab (on right side of page)
General Terms and Conditions:
- Payment for training events can only be made via cheque, direct debit, credit card, or via PayPal.
- If you register at the early bird rate, payment must be made within FIVE DAYS of the early bird rate finishing or you will be required to pay the full amount for the ticket.
- Cancellation less than 30 days before the event: In full, less $40 Administration Fee, Credit Card/PayPal/Invoice Fees.
- Cancellation less than 14 days: 50% Refund Less Credit Card/PayPal/Invoice Fees.
- Cancellation must be in writing.