All new workshop
Our new developmental model for working with children (and this means their parents too)
This is a two-day Acceptance and Commitment Therapy workshop specifically for people who work with children and parents/carers.
ACT’s approach to families can help them learn to manage their emotions using acceptance and mindfulness, as well as try new behaviour connected to values. It is perfect for helping parents and their children.
You will learn:
- Our new model developmental model of ACT specifically for working with parents and their children
- How to help young people with difficult behaviour, including anger, anxiety, family conflict etc.
- How to use ACT to promote child emotional and behavioural development.
- How to help parents manage their own emotions and reconnect with what they care about as parents
- How to use the model with families, so they can reduce conflict and grow together as a family
- A brief introduction to the contextual behaviour scientific principles underlying the ACT model
The workshop will be an specifically for children.
We will use exercises that help you experience the model. The aim is to help you readily understand the principles and apply them to your family work. People who have little or no training in ACT are welcome, as well as those wanting to learn more or learn how to apply it to children.
Two-day workshop worth 12 specialised CPD hours
This is the workshop that will help you learn how to use ACT with children and parents
You will receive:
- The latest tip sheets for children based on our forthcoming book
- A copy of Get Out of our Mind and Into Your Life for Teens (useful for parents as well!)
- Access to electronic handouts and exercises for parents and their children
- There is no pre-requisite training, but you do need to have done some pre-reading before attending. You can download that here:
Who is this for:
This workshop is suitable for all professionals who work with parents and children, including psychologists, counsellors, social workers, teachers etc.
Duration: Day 1 – 9am – 430pm, Day 2 – 9am – 4pm
Locations: Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney
Fees: Early Bird $480 – Standard $500 – Last Minute $530 (Student Concessions: $395 – $440)
– see events tab (on right side of page)
General Terms and Conditions:
- Payment for training events can only be made via cheque, direct debit, credit card, or via PayPal.
- If you register at the early bird rate, payment must be made within FIVE DAYS of the early bird rate finishing or you will be required to pay the full amount for the ticket.
- Cancellation less than 30 days before the event: In full, less $40 Administration Fee, Credit Card/PayPal/Invoice Fees.
- Cancellation less than 14 days: 50% Refund Less Credit Card/PayPal/Invoice Fees.
- Cancellation must be in writing.