Dr Louise Hayes, Clinical Psychologist, MAPS, B.A., B.App.Sci (Hons), PhD (Clinical)
Louise is the co-author of the best-selling book, Get Out of Your Mind and into your Life for Teenagers: A Guide to Living an Extraordinary Life, and the newly released book, The Thriving Adolescent: Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Positive Psychology to Help Teens Manage Emotions, Achieve Goals, and Build Connection. Together with Joseph Ciarrochi she conducts research and treatment development and developed the youth model of ACT and called DNA-v, a developmentally appropriate model for young people.
Louise works with young people in schools and clinical settings. She is a clinical psychologist, peer-reviewed ACT trainer, an academic, author, and speaker.
What the leaders in ACT say about this work:
Steven C. Hayes, co-founder of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Professor of Psychology, University of Nevada
DNA-V is one of the most important innovations in ACT in the last several years and is arguably THE most important in work with adolescents. Louise Hayes is a master of that model and there is no one on the planet who is better at explaining it, and teaching and modeling the skills needed to use it. Louise is a worldwide treasure. I can highly recommend her training and if you attend one of them I predict you will soon feel the same way.
Kelly Wilson, co-founder of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Professor University of Mississippi
SIMPLY THE BEST: Louise Hayes work on ACT with adolescents is simply the best. If you are in Australia, you should make the trek to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, or Adelaide. Get yourself registered. Louise’s developmental approach to ACT is groundbreaking. And, PS…get the book! …
Robyn D. Walser, PhD, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy author and trainer
Key aspects of Louise’s work:
- ACT peer reviewed trainer conducting professional development for teachers, psychologists, counsellors, and professionals who work with young people.
- Author of the best selling book Get Out of Your Mind and Into your Life for Teenagers: A Guide to Living an Extraordinary Life.
- Author of the new book The Thriving Adolescent: Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Positive Psychology to Help Teens Manage Emotions, Achieve Goals, and Build Connection
- A senior fellow with Orygen Centre for Excellence in Youth Mental Health at The University of Melbourne.
- President-elect for the Association for Contextual Behavioural Science (ACBS).
- A clinical psychologist in private practice at Bacchus Marsh Psychology Clinic in Bacchus Marsh Victoria.
- An active philanthropist working to help disadvantaged people in Nepal.