Dr Louise Hayes, Clinical Psychologist, MAPS, B.A., B.App.Sci (Hons), PhD (Clinical)
Louise is a world expert in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy/Training (ACT) for young people and the co-author of the best selling book, Get Out of Your Mind and Into your Life for Teenagers: A Guide to Living an Extraordinary Life. Louise uses ACT with young people in schools and clinical settings. She is a clinical psychologist, peer reviewed ACT trainer, an academic, author and speaker.
Key aspects of Louise’s work:
- ACT peer reviewed trainer conducting professional development for teachers, psychologists, counsellors, and professionals who work with young people.
- Author of the best selling book Get Out of Your Mind and Into your Life for Teenagers: A Guide to Living an Extraordinary Life.
- Personal growth workshops for young people (coming soon).
- Works as an academic and researcher at the Orygen Youth Research Centre, Centre for Youth Mental Health at The University of Melbourne.
- Actively involved in the professional organisation for ACT – The Association for Contextual Behavioural Science (ACBS).
- A clinical psychologist in private practice at The Elms Family Medical Centre in Bacchus Marsh Victoria.
- An active philanthropist working to help disadvantaged people in Nepal.
ACT with young people is energising, engaging and helps young people with personal development and growth.