Dr Louise Hayes, Clinical Psychologist, MAPS, B.A., B.App.Sci (Hons), PhD (Clinical)
Louise is a world expert in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy/Training (ACT) for young people and the co-author of the best selling book, Get Out of Your Mind and Into your Life for Teenagers: A Guide to Living an Extraordinary Life, and the new book for teachers, therapists and counsellors on ACT for young people, The Thriving Adolescent.
Louise uses ACT with young people in schools and clinical settings. She is a clinical psychologist, peer reviewed ACT trainer, an academic, author and speaker.
Key aspects of Louise’s work:
- ACT peer reviewed trainer conducting professional development for teachers, psychologists, counsellors, and professionals who work with young people.
- Author of the best selling book Get Out of Your Mind and Into your Life for Teenagers: A Guide to Living an Extraordinary Life.
- Author of the new book The Thriving Adolescent: Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Positive Psychology to Help Teens Manage Emotions, Achieve Goals, and Build Connection
- A senior fellow with Orygen Centre for Excellence in Youth Mental Health at The University of Melbourne.
- A fellow with the Association for Contextual Behavioural Science (ACBS).
- A clinical psychologist in private practice at The Elms Family Medical Centre in Bacchus Marsh Victoria.
- An active philanthropist working to help disadvantaged people in Nepal.
ACT with young people is energising, engaging and helps young people with personal development and growth.